Sunday, March 27, 2011

B's missing her Daddy.....

I heard that a lot during my DH's last deployment, and my same B is missing her Daddy again. This time she doesn't quite understand it won't be a long trip, so I made this little hanging for her to put a sticker on for each passing day. Sorry for the poor picture but it was taken at the end of the day. :)
Difficult to see but, the days of the week, sun and butterfly are all on pop dots..
I used my cricut Designers Calender cartridge for the lettering at 1.3 on the Imagine, plus the base calender cut at "fit to page." I flipped the circles from the base calendar and used the darker back side for the days of the week and "stickers". They were cut at 1.3 from the same cartridge. The sun is from Simply Charmed cut at 1.8 I believe, the butterfly from Designers calendar again at .7 and the arrow is Don Juan cut at 2.0.

I used my CTMH stamp sets with chocolate ink.for the border and the numbers... The numbers were from "Token Alphabet" and I had to create 10-14 by inking parts of the stamp at a time. The Border is "Togetherness" Thanks for visiting!

*edited to correct the size of the circular calendar and the name of the stitched stamps, sorry! Plus add another calender for my G, and a stamping tip!

If you are using a clear stamp set, you can lay them in place, then pick them up with your block for stamping...this can make stamping faster andhelp when you want to make a word block etc...

2 comments:

Melissa said...

What a great idea! I just might need to lift this! My hubby has been out of the country lately for work and it's been really difficult on our boys...especially the 6 year old who has trouble with the understanding of time.

Jo said...

This is so sweet ... what a wonderful way to help your daughter count down the days. It was a long time ago, but I remember how difficult it was for my daughter when her daddy was deployed to Desert Storm. I'm sure this will mean a lot to your little one. Wishing you the best ...

Jo xx

Thanks for stopping by and adding your thoughts....

Blogaholic Designs”=