This layout was fun since it was a challenge to myself to use new ideas. There was even a sticky note list to refer to when considering "what can I do here" It was good to have a written guideline!
Here's my list:
- Do not mat the photos
- Do not match colors exactly
- Do not put watermelon cut outs on the page, nothing too literal
- Put at least one embellishment on the page
- Try one new technique
- Stamp on the page
- Get it done(don't over think it)!
It was pretty sucessful for a challenge. I used grommets and brads thanks to my cropodile big bite, also a watermelon looking background using Plantin Schoolbook mountians, as well as a new technique of paper tearing (I know I'm a little late on trying that) LOL.
Plus I stamped on the page using a combination of my Studio G's as well as a Stampology Sentiments stamp set, using Staz-on Timber Brown ink. I really like clear stamps since I can lay them out to make sure of the placement first.
Also, there are chipboard letters with inked edges(DCVW RAKed to me by Enfys,TY!). The B! was cut from Street Sign font cart and glittered with Martha Stewarts glitter and inked.
My friend Stephanie helped out a lot when she recommended inking using a dauber in a circular motion...Thanks Stephanie!! I just used a q-tip and the small "journaling box" turned out much better than the lettering.