Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Even though I am not a card maker...

June is the wedding season, especially for my friend Jann. She had two weddings in two weeks time! Her DD was married in a sweet small ceremony, in order to celebrate while her new husbands family was in the US visiting from the UK. While her son was married in a large (350+) wedding in June as well. Their family deserved some sunshine in their lives and these were bittersweet moments since the recent death of Jann's mother and some recent family troubles.
This card was made for her daughter, which was somewhat intimidating since she has quite an artistic flair of her own! I had insider information that the bride's dress had black embroidery and she chose blue with white flowers, one of my favorite color combinations as well, so I tried to make it elegant yet at least a little modern.
I think I made at least five tries at this card! Turns out I used the" love" cut from the wedding solutions cart pop dotted from a blue background with three mats! The blue border on the left is the cardstock punched from the EK Sucess trimline punch while the white was stamped with a border stamp from the Fiskars wedding clear stamp set, with blue Brilliance ink (it shimmers IRL). I also found some sentiments from the Fiskars set to stamp along the one corner.I first lined them up on the card and then just placed the acrylic block on top to make sure it was placed just right. The inside was Corinthians just printed out...I don't know about you but I always get nervous when it comes time to write on my cards! She was a beautiful bride and I hope she enjoyed it!

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Thanks for stopping by and adding your thoughts....

Blogaholic Designs”=