Monday, February 8, 2010

Back-up!

Happy New year everyone! Yes, it's a more than little late, but I haven't been on to my blog for quite some time because of a massive computer failure. Thankfully all my pictures are on an external hard drive. Phew! Please everyone, have at least one reliable back-up for your most important things!

But onto much happier things. If you haven't already checked it out, head over to Stampin up's site for their super sale! I picked out more than a few things to start gearing up for teachers appreciation committee projects. I like to bring in samples and I was very excited to try my new toys from the sale and from Christmas! Very handily I also needed a few thank you gifts...So far I have made the bucket from the stampin up/Sizzix Bigz XL die as well as a few other "containers" These dies are so simple to use, I don't even think my Cricut could do better. I know shocking! LOL.

I also made a cute clear box with another Sizzix die in appreciation for a neighbor shoveling my whole driveway. The stamped design is part of a new clear stamp set from Stampin up(Vintage labels), and works perfectly with their scallop punch. I stamped the sentiment inside separately and positioning was a snap since you can use the rubber stamp with your acrylic blocks! The larger scallop is the co-coordinating Real Red paper. Real Nice! It worked even more easily with cardstock which I then embossed with my A2 embossing folder. I have more detailed pictures of that one somewhere if anyone is interested in a "tutorial" :)

For my neighbor who watches my littlest during Daisy meetings, I made a little mini (4X4) notepad using some leftover chipboard and paper with my BIA. It was easy to make a few for samples and it would fit a small post-it notepad as well...Stay tuned for more TAP sample projects! :)
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Thanks for stopping by and adding your thoughts....

Blogaholic Designs”=