Tuesday, January 1, 2013

How SVGcuts.com saved my Christmas

I hope that everyone had a wonderful holiday season. Mine was quite peaceful despite having people over three different times and less time than usual for crafting for gifts. That brings me to how SVGcuts.com saved my Christmas....

Most of the time I am crafting last minute and don't even have a chance to take pictures of every project, so I have to say how much I love the online resources for craft files. I can download a project in my PJs in the middle of the night! Some resources are so much better than others. I never am frustrated over a project that won't come together from SVGcuts.com and as mentioned before, they always post video instructions, just in case. Perfectly designed SVG files and instruction videos? Gotta love that!

This year I was looking for a way to package simple candy for teachers gifts so it had to be a bit more special....but not too difficult. I was so impressed by the files I used this year....amazingly the toy soldier was a freebie even! It all went together so well I was able to achieve my goal without too many late nights or added stress.

So without further ado, here's what I made....BTW a gift card fit easily into each of these containers along with some candy for a few special gifts.

A whole bunch of Santa's hats.....cotton balls for the tops. :) For my younger daughter who had to transport these on the bus and hand out herself....nice and contained. This was Santa's Village Kit...

A virtual forest of trees for the High Schooler's teachers...simple yet cute! Using Santas Helpful Elves kit. So helpful...:)

A small blizzard of snowmen....goodness how cute were these for a few more special teachers and friends? Oh plus a few gift bag boxes you keep seeing a peek of behind stuff. Christmas open House Kit!
A special Toy Soldier (freebie) was perfect for my older daughters Orchestra teacher.. They performed a few pieces from the Nutcracker this year so how perfect was that?  He did miss the hand warmers this year tho I think.

And even a special gift box for my High Schooler's Agricultural Sciences teacher.....how cool is that? Much cuter IRL BTW. From Santa's Village Kit.
I hope your holidays were filled with as much crafty fun as mine were. I wish you God's blessing of peace in the new year too!

No comments:

Thanks for stopping by and adding your thoughts....

Blogaholic Designs”=