Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Happy Birthday to my B!



I can't believe my littlest one turned three recently. Since she is currently obsessed with everything pink, except for an imaginary black horse she named Flicka, so I decided to make her some pink things for her birthday!! I got decent results with Marshmallow fondant, chocolate Ganache, and the cricut cake for a double cupcake mini cake...but not so much luck for her big cake. Did you realize that black gumpaste is nearly unobtainable? Well at least for me it is! I spent way too much time on it and ended up with a good pink base for the cake (finally got MMF down) but weird colored shimmery horses and "Happy Birthday". I won't describe the fiasco with the spray on color and hours of kneading gel coloring into gumpaste. LOL
She loved it and didn't mind it looking off luckily, and with practice maybe her sweet 16 cake will look good. LOL

For her mini cake I used the Cricut Cake with the brown frosting sheet and Crisco rubbed on top to darken it to nearly balck. The B is from Country Life and the horse is from Animal Kingdom cartridges.


Her banner and card are made with the new Cricut cartridge "Country Life" Using the banner feature. It was so easy it was done ahead of time, rare event for me! :) The front pieces are cut to fit the background layer at the same size and after taping the back with packing tape I sprinkled black glitter over the exposed sticky portion. I was fast and turned out so pretty! In the interest of time, I just used brads to fasten them together...The card has the cut out form the banner which I ran through my Xyron and glittered again! Easy!

No comments:

Thanks for stopping by and adding your thoughts....

Blogaholic Designs”=