Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A "Fancy" Party


 My middle daughter was looking for a special theme for her first ever slumber party. So after looking through some cake ideas and themes she decided she wanted a "Fancy Party" Including a fancy cake decorations and a "fashion show" 


SO, I got out my trust Cricut cake and cut some "fancy decorations out of black fondant and created a basic cake inspired by one right in the cartridge booklet. We used a ton of pink ribbon and I created a monogram for her right on the cake.


The party favor bags were simple white bags that I bought in bulk and just decorated with paper similar to what was used on the invitations and the banner. I replaced the original ties with some of the same ribbon used throughout to make everything coordinate. Inside were the goodies they collected and some other little treats. I included some very fancy cookies with a simple rectangle of paper folded over and then with a rectangle of the patterned paper again. It looked simple and elegant with a pink bow on top.
Some "fancy cookies" with a simple bag topper

Her banner was created using cuts form the Martha Stewart Elegant cakes cartridge for the lettering and a shape from  Elegant Edges Cricut cartridge I believe. I made the rosettes by hand and layered with more of the patterned paper here.



The girls played a fun game of scavenger hunt which I created using the same graphics digital patterns from the invitations (Echo Parks Yours Truly) and a super cool software I found called Riddle Me. You can customize the search and all the clues in just a few minutes and then print it al out in a coordinating set of cards! How cool is that. You can find it HERE.

 The girls ended up finding a treasure bin full of play necklaces rings fun hair extensions and braids and some other fun "fashionable accessories" They had fun putting things together for a runway show and took several turns coming down the steps and posing for their photo-op!

Fancy  food, cake and a movie rounded out the evening!
The birthday girl with her cake! How fun is the high heel cake knife? Loved this gift from my friend! Thanks J!

 *Note:This is a rewrite of my original post which got accidentally deleted. :( Sorry to say this isn't as good a tale as the original but I still wanted to share this with my readers.

7 comments:

TUKI said...

Wow, everything looks amazing. Love that cake, looks so yummy. I bet all those little girls were just squealing with delight at everything. You're an awesome momma!!!

Cindy@ Scrap-obsessed.blogspot.com said...

Beautiful. I want a party like that. What a lucky 8 year old. Can't wait to see what you do next year. LOL.
Cindy

StylishPartySupplies said...

I LOVE this!! Maybe next year I'll throw myself a party in these colors... I have 3 boys, don't think they would care for this too much..LOL BTW LOVE your blog. Will be following now :)

L.B. said...

How much fun!!! Love what you created for this fun party!

cdm317 said...

Suzy,
This is dazzling! What a lucky girl your DD is! You should go into business!
Colleen (gonescrappin-Circle)

Alma said...

I LOVE this!! Great job!!! And thanks for the riddleme this website! I'm gonna have to check them out! :)

almabrooksblog.blogspot.com

Nadia (WithGlitteringEyes.blogspot.com) said...

Just lovely! I showed this to my 7-year-old daughter and she told me I need to be a follower on your blog. (Yes, she actually said that!) So, now I am a follower!

Beautiful party!!!
Nadia (With Glittering Eyes blog)

Thanks for stopping by and adding your thoughts....

Blogaholic Designs”=