Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Halloween Crafts.....finally

I finally can post some of the projects I've made for Halloween, mostly vinyl since it was already out from the previous project, and it's fast and easy...
 These candles were made into pumpkin faces last year I believe but they are back as a haunted house scene this year. I used a Lettering Delights simple shapes set that is on sale until Nov 1st for 3$ I believe....
 Some more of these simple shapes since my oldest loves this project....
And her special candle....

All my three girls participated in putting this vinyl decoration together...it is right over the small table where they craft and even eat together.
Over several days, they added different elements. It was funny how much they knew about putting up vinyl from watching me. My 5 yo was a hoot!

My next two projects will be in their own post....Happy Halloween!

4 comments:

Cindy@ Scrap-obsessed.blogspot.com said...

Love all of your projects. Vinyl is awesome and adds so much to so many items. Love the way you used it.

~Suzy~ said...

Thanks Cindy, I do love how easy vinyl is to decorate with...I'll be sure to pop over to your blog and see what kinds of fun you are up to too!

Tina Lee said...

Love all of your Halloween decoration!
Have a quick question. Was your paint okay after you took off the vinyl? My husband didn't let me do something like this. He was afraid that I will ruin our paint!

~Suzy~ said...

Tina, yes the walls are fine! In fact I am removing some vinyl in my daughters room that has been up for about four years. I was worried that the paint would have faded unevenly but no problems there. The vinyl still looks good but she wants an update...teenagers! Come back to see how that turns out, and another super fun project I am inspired to do by Cindy!

FYI, you have to wait at least 24 hrs to after painting to put on vinyl and you should choose a temporary adhesive style. I have used Contact paper and "pro" style brands including Mactac and Orcal..including some outdoor lettering for a customer. It all works! Good luck and have fun!

Thanks for stopping by and adding your thoughts....

Blogaholic Designs”=