Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Sonic Amy Rose Costume

This was a whole lot of work for this years costume! Somehow my daughter volunteered herself to dress as a Sonic character and show our hedgehog at the local conservation area...long story! But since she was going to wear this for an extended period, I wanted it to be good!

In some pictures Amy Rose is wearing all pink and red in others. But I was able to find a dress to alter at the local Good Will store. So our was pink! LOL

It started with a prom dress and an old dress up costume...

This hoop skirt was inside an old dress that has a broken zipper...

and I made it into a slip that fits short on my oldest and skims the floor on my youngest!
I started to take the dress apart before I took this picture....the top didn't have a white trim...I was just trying to conserve the fabric liner...

I made a pattern for the top and cut it out of the dresses bottom portion...
 It is certainly still a costume level of sewing but fun that I could do it!

Of course we made her hammer from paper using my Zing and MTC to create the end pieces to glue the whole thing together...
The MTC software will wrap the tab shape around the circle....then I cut a small hole in one of the red papers we wrapped around....it was about 10 inches around...and 12 inches wide. My daughter really enjoyed it!

Not to be outdone, my little ones want to show their costumes too! Kitty cats going to a party! These costumes were just what they wanted....I offered to make better ones. Promise.





No comments:

Thanks for stopping by and adding your thoughts....

Blogaholic Designs”=