Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Crop Project...

Recently I was able to go to an all day crop....My first ever if you can believe it! As everyone has told me before, I ended up taking way too much stuff and not getting enough done! LOL. I chatted with some wonderful ladies, got some great tips and tricks, and best of all I helped a friend with her goal of raising money towards her three day walk for breast cancer. She is walking with her good friend who recently finished up her chemotherapy treatments. I really admire their dedication. Hopefully I can post a link for you to help support them too! They need $43,000 by October!

Back to the project.....I made these little books for my Daisy Girls Scouts which I filled in later with pictures from the year. It's a little chipboard accordion style book (from www.discountschoolsupply.com ) that I covered with paper from stash. I used two different cuttlebug embossing folders, run through twice for each solid color paper, since each "page" was about 5X7. I found some sticker sets from the girl scout web site and this paper matched perfectly. Unfortunately I didn't have time to crop the pictures of the girls to leave space for journaling and more. Just stuck the prints right in...the stickers were the only embellishments, which made it super fast. It all came together so easily! Someone at the crop was impressed that I had cuttlebug folders and everything to match, but it is easy when you follow your tastes...eventually things start to co-ordinate! Just one more way to justify my collecting habit!

I had a great group of girls and moms and I wanted to give them something more than a certificate for the year. Hopefully they will dig this out years from now, and possibly show their own daughters. One of the moms from our troop was able to show us a tote bag that she had as a keepsake form her Scouting days. She had won a contest, and her artwork was featured on the bag. What a wonderful memory! My greatest hope for the girls is to not only help them learn the Girl Scout principals, but to make some wonderful memories along the way!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Thanks for stopping by and adding your thoughts....

Blogaholic Designs”=