Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Eeyore, Rabbit and Tigger



I had fun making these for a message board friend recently...and I learned a few things too of course. These cuts were from the Disney Pooh and Friends cart cut at 4". Since Rabbit is only on the cart once and doesn't have his name icon, I cut him one from the Hello Kitty Font cart. After the fact I realized there might be something for SCAL!

They turned out pretty well for a small disney cut and I learned that that paper changes and stretches when you cut it, and pull it from the mat. I ended up laying all the pieces on the black base cut and then glueing them one at a time so that I could make sure they were fitting just right. The piece that gives you the most trouble isn't always the one you think! I usually squeeze some glue onto my Splat Mat and dredge the pieces through but sometimes I just put dots all along the piece. My CutterBee reverse action tweezers are a life saver for this! They have a fine tip and are nonstick as well. Plus, they hold without having to squeeze. If you have never used a "reverse action" tweezer it can take some getting used to, but when you do, you'll love them! The glue I use is Scotch fast drying glue with the fine tip. I have really loved this glue. :)

2 comments:

Mary Director said...

Love the pooh characters. Always cute.

Never heard of reverse action tweezers. Will have to check them out.

Denise said...

How cute! I'm a new follower, please stop by my blog to pick up your award!

Thanks for stopping by and adding your thoughts....

Blogaholic Designs”=